The worksmartanew discussion tool is an intuitive and inclusive area of the portal. Members can use discussions to get feedback on work projects or simply use it to come up with casual meeting plans.
Introduction to Discussions
Discussions can be used by any users of the portal apart from a read only member who can only view them. They are easy to create, and it is simple for other members to collaborate on. An excellent feature of discussions is that everyone can update it as and when they choose and there are no time constraints to how long a discussion can be open.
How to create a discussion
To create a discussion, click on the Discussions button on the left-hand side of the screen.
It will then open the box you see below, simply type in the discussion topic and any other details below that you would like to include. You also have some formatting options to choose from and the option to add tags.
Click Post, your discussion is now ready for other members to collaborate on.
How to apply permissions to a discussion
A Discussion Board can have permissions applied. You will be able to choose the options of who and how to access the discussion.
Permissions will be set for either an Individual Team Member or All Client Team.
Permissions on how the chosen members iterate with the discussion can be adjusted by using the drop-down menu to change to the preferred interaction levels of:
- Viewmeans a user can only view the file.
- View and Replymeans a user can do all the above plus reply.
- View, Reply & Deletemeans a user can do all the above plus delete the file.
- Administermeans a user has the same rights as the account administrator for the file.
How to set permissions when creating a new discussion
Firstly, create a new discussion and post it.
Open the discussion and navigate to the Permissions section at the bottom.
Select the setting that best suits your content, and if you would like to assign permissions to a specific person you can do that also.
How to change permissions in an existing discussion
Permissions on an existing discussion can be updated by Administrators. The only time a team member can set permissions is when they create a new discussion themselves. All access levels are the same as listed above in the new discussion section.
How to add attachments to a discussion
You have the option to add attachments to discussions, this could be a file or a photo that you feel is applicable to the discussion and that you’d like people to see.
Open the discussion you would like to add an attachment to.
Locate the attachments section in the bottom of the comments box as shown in the image below
A box like the one below will pop up, you’ll have the choice to either attach a file from an existing file within the portal, from your computer or from Google Docs.
- From your client files – If selecting from an existing file within the portal, check the box next to the file once you have found it and select upload.
- From your computer – When uploading from your computer, you will need to search for the file and select it > then select start upload and close the box once this is complete.
- Google Docs – When uploading from Google Docs, use the search bar to find the google document you need and select it > then select start upload and close the box once this is complete.
How to filter through discussions
To make it easy to locate the discussion you need, we have some filter options available for you.
Search Bar filter – Type a word in the search bar that matches a word in the discussion you would like to find.
Dropdown filter – Click on the icon the arrow is pointing to and select the filter that best suits your search.